Beyond simply selling beer, we want to educate our customers and expose them to the dizzying array of beer, cider and mead available in Oregon. To facilitate this, we frequently offer free tastings, "Meet the Brewer" nights, theme weeks, and other special events. These events offer an excellent way to learn about styles and the brewing process, as well as meeting the folks responsible for creating your favorite beers, meads and ciders. Unless otherwise noted, all events listed as "tastings" are free and open to everyone over 21 years of age.
Buoy Bottles Release Party
Tuesday, March 31 -- 5-8 PM
We are thrilled to be joining our friends over at The Beermongers in helping the Buoy Brewing crew launch their first-ever bottled beers! On March 31, at both locations at the same time, Buoy will release two bottled beers: their delicious IPA here at Belmont Station and their equally tasty Czech Pilsner at The Beermongers! It's a cross-town Buoy party that could only be done in Southeast Portland. ;) Make a stop at both places to meet some of the Buoy crew and pick up some bottles to take home! Of course, we will have something yummy from Buoy on tap as well!
Mazama Bottles Tasting
Wednesday, April 1 -- 5-7 PM
Swing on by the bottle shop for a tasting of several of Mazama's beers. And, of course, we will pour something really tasty from this Corvallis, Oregon-based brewery in the biercafe as well. Watch this space for more details!
Silver Moon Tasting
Thursday, April 2 -- 5-7 PM
Fresh from Bend, Silver Moon Brewing will be on site pouring a variety of their bottled beers for you to taste. In the biercafé, we will be serving Highway 97 IPA on draft.
pFriem Family Brewers Portland Bottle Premiere
Wednesday, April 8 -- 5-8 PM
We are honored to be the first place the pFriem Family Brewers will be releasing their highly anticipated bottled beers outside their Hood River brewery, (which happens on April 3). pFriem is set to launch 23 bottled varieties in 2015, including annual, seasonal, barrel-aged and limited varieties. The Classic Series will be offered in a capped, 500ml bottle, while the Select Line and Barrel-Aged beers will be packaged in corked and hooded 375 ml bottles. We are still awaiting news on which beers will be available in the bottle shop, so watch this space for updates and plan to join us, Josh, Annie and Matt for both a release party and a tasting of these long-awaited bottled offerings. Of course, it's not a party without something on draft, so rest assured we will have something very special from pFriem pouring in the biercafe as well.
April 12-18 - Craft Brewers Conference!
The biggest convention in the beer world hits Portland, bringing with it over 10,000 attendees and exhibitors from the craft brewing world. We're still working out some details and putting some finishing touches on a few events, but here's a sneak preview of what we've got lined up.
- Monday April 13 - 5-7pm: Victory Brewing "meet the founder" event and possible beer release (TBA)
- Tuesday April 14 - 3-6pm: Deschutes CBC Kick off party with the newly remodeled Woody! Come check out their awesome barrel-shaped bar trailer, enjoy several rare Deschutes beers on tap, and take home a free glass (while supplies last).
- Tuesday April 14 - 8-close: Bell's After Dark - Come meet Larry Bell and enjoy several Bell's beers on tap. We'll be pouring Two Hearted IPA, Wild One, Oberon, Oarsmen, Double Cream Stout, and several more!
- Wednesday April 15 - 4-6pm: When Two Giants Meet: A Celebration of American And Belgian influences. This will be an intimate ticketed beer and cheese pairing event featuring a custom beer for the event brewed by Brasserie De La Senne, with brewer/owner Yvan de Baets on hand. We've also rounded up several of the region's best brewers of Belgian-style ales, each of which will be discussing their influences and sharing their beers. We'll have beers and brewers from Russian River, Hair of the Dog, Upright, pFriem, Breakside, and Mazama. We're still working on ticket pricing, so keep tabs on this page or sign up for our newsletter for more info in the near future.
- Thursday April 16 - 4-6pm: Green Flash Freak Show & Silva Stout release! We'll be pouring a couple beers from Alpine as well as several variations of Green Flash's Le Freak. Chuck Silva will be in the house to talk about the beer, and maybe he'll even autograph your bottle of Silva Stout if you ask him nicely!
- Thursday April 16 - 7-9pm: Cascade Brewing presents Belmont's Battle of the Blends! We split our staff staff into four teams, and each of them blended a custom beer at the Cascade Barrel House. Come try a flight of all four, vote for your favorite, and meet the crew from Cascade.
- Friday April 17 - Time TBA: Barley Brown's Tap Takeover. Come meet the BB crew and drink their beer with us! (tap list coming soon)
- Saturday April 18 - 2-???: Meet "The Bros" from Beer Advocate & help us kick some kegs. The Bros and several other members of the BA staff will be hanging out and helping us kick some of the partial kegs we'll probably be accumulating over the course of the week. Come have a couple pints and meet the founders of the biggest beer site on the web.
In addition to all these events, we've got a whole bunch of kegs coming in from breweries that aren't normally distributed in Oregon, so make sure to keep an eye on our taplist (updated at least daily) or twitter feed for all the goodies!